4-H Discovery Day Camp: June 2023
El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
Lincoln County 4-H Discovery Camp 2023
June 5th to June 9th, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. all week
For ages 9-14
Camp price: $150.00
Limited number of spots: 12
Join Lincoln County 4-H for a fun, hands-on, and educational week-long day camp experience this summer!
4-H camp includes:
- Daily 4-H educational workshops
- Daily field trips
- 4-H Discovery Camp T-shirt
- Admission to all field trips
- Workshop supplies
- Daily snacks
- One ice cream from Cherry Pop’s Soda Shop
- Lunch ONLY on Friday
Each day is focused on a different 4-H topic:
- Monday, June 5th [Grains & Foods]: Youth will tour the historic Murray’s Mill to learn about antique grain-making. They will also participate in a breadmaking workshop led by Ladybug Farms and Bakery.
- Tuesday, June 6th [Textiles]: Youth will participate in a hand and machine sewing workshop led by local sewer Joni Prew. They will also tour the Hickory Throwing Company and Sunnyside Textiles for a demonstration of yarn and sock manufacturing.
- Wednesday, June 7th [Farms & Agriculture]: Youth will tour two local farms in Lincoln County: Gales Farm and Beam Dairy Farm. Here, they will learn the importance of agriculture within our community and where our food comes from. Youth will also learn the basics of beekeeping, milking, fruit picking, and ice cream and cheese making through hands-on workshops instructed by our local farmers, beekeeper, and 4-H staff.
- Thursday, June 8th [Arts & Horticulture]: Youth will participate in a pottery workshop led by local artist Misti Walker. She will teach pottery techniques to help youth create their very own pottery piece. In addition, youth will master the skills in gardening by making their own herb garden with 4-H staff. Youth will wrap up the day with a tour of Hark & Sparrow Flower Farm, where florists will provide hands-on learning through a flower arrangement workshop.
- Friday, June 9th [Leadership & Healthy Living]: Youth will spend the day at Bo’s Family Entertainment, where bowling, arcade games, laser tag, laser maze, and mini golf are offered. Lunch will be included on this day only through Bo’s. On our trip back to the 4-H office, we will visit Cherry Pop’s Soda Shop, complete with 1950s original fixtures, to enjoy an ice cream. To wrap up the week, youth will participate in a cooking workshop with our Family Consumer Science (FCS) Agent.
If interested, please contact Katelyn Hallman at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (704) 736-8461.